It was mid-autumn and apple growers were busy harvesting their produce in Kashmir when winter suddenly announced its arrival with an unusually early bout of snowfall on Saturday. A video of a young farmer weeping over his devastated orchard the following day has gone viral. In it, the man is seen desperately trying to salvage apples buried under the snow. Other apple growers in the Valley have similar stories to tell. The early winter has broken the backbone of the state's rural economy.
- Kass: Who Is Swimming Naked?
- Peso, Loonie Tumble After Dems Demand Changes To NAFTA 2.0
- Evacuation fatigue: California authorities fear people will ignore warnings as wildfires become routine
- UPDATE: Since ELECTION DAY Democrats Snatch a Dozen US House Seats — And Now Suddenly Lead in 7 of 10 Undecided Races
- Expert finds huge error in global warming claim